RSS IconRSS Print IconPrint Text Size Plus icon Minus icon

School building surrounded by trees in the Fall


International Students

International students can make Northumberland County their home while attending public school, catholic school, private school, or university nearby.

Find out more about schools in the area.

Learn about opportunities for international students from the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration.

You need to have a study permit to study in Canada. Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada website to check whether you need a study permit to register in your program.

Local School Boards

The application process differs in our two school boards.

If you want to attend a public school in the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board you should contact the Community Training and Development Centre.

If you want to attend a Catholic school in the Peterborough Victoria Northumberland Catholic District School Board you should contact the principal of the school.

Private SchoolSchool building surrounded by trees in the Fall

Port Hope is home to the famous Trinity College School (TCS). Started in 1865, it is one of Canada's most respected private schools. TCS offers boarding or day school for boys and girls in grades 5 to 12. More than half of the Senior School students are boarders, which means that students live in the school during the school year. To learn about the school's admission process and requirements, visit the school's Admission Process page.


Three universities are located within an hour drive of Northumberland County. They all welcome international students. Read our Adult Education & Training page to learn about universities, colleges and training institutions in our area.

Visit the Ontario Universities' Application Centre to check the requirements and application process for international students.


Other Useful Sites