RSS IconRSS Print IconPrint Text Size Plus icon Minus icon

A pencil on top of an Immigration Canada application form


How to Apply to Live Here

You can apply to come to Canada under the following categories:

  • Skilled Worker or Professional
  • Canadian experience class - If you are a temporary foreign worker or foreign student who graduated in Canada, you may have the qualities to make a successful transition from temporary to permanent residence. You must be familiar with Canadian society and can contribute to the Canadian economy. You should have knowledge of English or French and qualifying work experience.
  • Investor, entrepreneur or self-employed person
  • Provincial nominee – You can be nominated by a province or territory if you have the skills, education and work experience needed to make an immediate economic contribution. You must be able to economically establish yourself successfully as permanent resident in Canada. You must be must be nominated by a Canadian province or territory.
  • Family class (spouse or partner, children)
  • Live-in caregiver
  • Refugee

Save Time: Send a Complete Application

Watch this tutorial video to learn how to complete your application correctly.


More About Immigration

For more information on the application process, visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.

Before you can come to live in Northumberland County, you will need to apply for entry through Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Find out which of Immigration Canada’s programs is best for you.

The province of Ontario also has a program that makes your application for permanent residence faster. Visit the Ministry of Immigration and Citizenship to learn more about the Provincial Nominee Program.

Other Useful Sites